Surrey Board of Trade
Honorary Captain Anita Huberman is the CEO of the Surrey Board of Trade. She has been with the Surrey Board of Trade for over 25 years, and CEO for over 12 years. She guides a 16-member diverse industry-based Board of Directors to support a growing list of businesses, initiatives and government policies from an economic lens for a city that will be the largest in British Columbia very soon. Anita is a recipient of the Queen’s Jubiliee Medal, was a nominee of the 2013 YWCA Women of Distinction Award and a recipient of the 2011 Business in Vancouver's Top 40 Under 40 award. She has also been appointed to:
Since Anita Huberman became the Surrey Board of Trade’s CEO 13 years ago, she has created a transformative shift of the organization into a city building institution. Her branding and marketing for both the Surrey Board of Trade and Surrey has resulted in many advocacy successes and leadership work to instigate change. She has developed the following unique award programs, which celebrate community, volunteerism, leadership, family and health, which are inextricably linked to a successful business community:
1. Top 25 under 25 Awards
2. Surrey Hot Topic Dialogue Series focusing on policy issues of families/childcare, transportation, homelessness to name a few.
3. International Trade Centre Initiatives
4. Workplace Development and Education
5. Youth Entrepreneurship Programming from Grade r-12 and Business Incubation Programming for Post-Secondary Students.
6. Police Officer of the Year Awards
7. Surrey Industry Bus Tour
8. Surrey Innovation Awards