Project Executive, Advisory Services
The Scion Group
Ms. Volz has over 25 years of real estate experience in program/project management, property management, and business development and marketing. She has been actively involved in virtually all aspects of project development, from strategic planning through ongoing operations. Her background includes leadership positions at a national program-management firm and an international architecture firm, as well as being on the management team of three large development projects, a significant mall renovation and a 52-story urban mixeduse building.
As Project Executive with The Scion Group, Ms. Volz provides and supervises delivery of student housing real estate advisory services to Scion’s clients. Earlier, Ms. Volz also served Scion as Vice President for Capital Projects and directed the renovation of student housing projects located adjacent to the campuses of Virginia Tech, Western Michigan University, Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University and others, including private and two-year institutions. With a strong focus on higher education residential life facilities over the past 15 years, Ms. Volz bears keen expertise and experience in market studies, programming, P3 Advisory Services and owner’s representation.
Ms. Volz received her Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance and Marketing as well as a Bachelor of Communications from Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, IN in 1991.
- Moderator - Innovations in University Partnerships: P3 and University Perspective, Bisnow Student Housing East, June 2017
- Featured Presenter - P3 From the Higher Education Perspective, Higher Education P3 Summit, October 2017
- Featured Panelist - The State of On-Campus Housing - A Look at the Issues & Trends Impacting On-Campus Housing Across the Country, Interface On-Campus Housing Conference, October 2017
- Opening Remarks - Student Housing Overview and Trends, Bisnow Southern California Student Housing - November 2017
- Featured Presenter - Keys to Phasing Your Public/Private Partnership Project, Academic Impressions Public-Private Partnership for Higher Education Facilities, January 2018